What are the benefits of Cadetship?
Every Doxa Cadet receives financial assistance, a flexible work placement and mentor with a sponsor company a program of networking and social events, and career guidance from our fantastic team.
We also have a Professional Development Program that focuses on skills and behaviours for the professional world.
All this aims to make the transition from study to work as easy as possible for you.
Professional development program
- Everyone in the program takes part in our Professional Development Program that is offered in a mix of residential and evening activities each year
- The residential activities take place at our Malmsbury Camp, on the beautiful lands of the Dja Dja Wurrung people
- Evening learning events usually take place in Melbourne CBD and often include guest presenters – sometimes our awesome Cadet Alumni crew and sometimes people from our sponsor companies
- Our aim with these sessions is to build on the skills and behaviours required for success in the professional world
Skills and support
- Personal skills such as improved social skills, confidence, time management, stress management
- Employability skills such as communication, team work, problem solving, planning and organising and self-management
- Support and guidance on navigating the workplace, transition from university, job search skills
- How to apply
Overview of the process
Step 1: Online application
Step 2: Shortlisting applicants
Step 3: Preliminary interview with Doxa Cadetship team
Step 4: Interview with Doxa Cadetship team & Sponsor Company
Step 5: Confirmation of Cadetship
Applications for 2017 have now closed.