Run from our Malmsbury Camp, the Journey Program is a multi-day trekking expedition in the Kooyoora State Park and the Goldfields region of Central Victoria. The program is suitable for students in Years 7 – 9, with a tailored offering for young people from a newly arrived/refugee background.
“I have changed because I learnt not to give up so quickly”
Journey Program participant
Throughout the trek, students will:
- Carry and set up their own tents
- Cook on a stove in the bush
- Navigate by nature and night sky
- Learn from the traditional owners of the land, the Dja Dja Wurrung people
- Climb mountains, explore caves, and intimately experience the Australian bush
It is designed to build teamwork, resilience, positivity and also offers a chance to connect to place and people to foster a sense of belonging.
Bookings & registration
All booking enquiries can be made directly to the team at Malmsbury Camp.
Phone: 03 5473 4310