- Full time permanent
- Melbourne CBD
- Salary – $70,000 plus superannuation and reduced tax due to PBI status
- Be part of a team giving children and young people from disadvantaged backgrounds access to greater opportunities.
The Doxa Youth Foundation is a community-based organisation that was established in 1972. We offer a range of programmes to extend opportunities for disadvantaged children and young people across Victoria. We have a particular focus on providing camps and assisting young people to succeed in their studies and the workforce.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a new team member to support tertiary students in our Cadetship Programme. It assists motivated and talented young people from disadvantaged backgrounds to succeed at university and to enhance their employability. The cornerstone of the programme is offering work placements and mentors at some of Australia’s leading public and private organisations. We also provide personal support, a living allowance, a book allowance and professional development and training opportunities.
Ideally you will have:
- Skills and experience in assessing, referring and supporting young people,
- An appreciation of the challenges facing young people from disadvantaged backgrounds,
- An understanding of the role of mentoring and coaching and
- An ability to develop and maintain relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, such as schools and placement mentors.
For further information ring Dave Lugton on 0459 874 428.