Future Focus is a two-year program for students in Years 7 – 8. It supports the transition from primary to secondary schooling and aims to provide a connection to education along with personal, study, and leadership skills. It also provides knowledge and skills to cope with issues such as bullying, peer pressure, drugs, alcohol, stress, and mental health issues.
“I may be 13, but that can’t stop me… because I have the right mindset, because I believe in myself, because I can do anything, because I am a dreamer.”
Kobe, Future Focus program participant
In a two-year program, students participate in two residential weekends in Melbourne and eight half-day in-school leadership workshops, culminating in a certificate and awards night at the end of each year.
After completing Future Focus, students will have:
- Built a connection to school
- The building blocks to make positive decisions about their future
- Built an understanding of the importance of education
- Learned skills like goal-setting, teamwork, being resilient
- Learned about issues facing teenagers such as bullying, peer pressure, drugs, alcohol, stress and mental health issues
Bookings & registration
We currently have a full cohort of program participants, however if you would like to find out more about the program please contact our friendly team.
Phone: 03 9046 8200