Our resident camp program is run from the heart of Melbourne CBD on the land of the Wurundjeri people, and participants are mostly Grade 5 – Year 8 students. Activities are many and varied ranging from The Big Issue Classroom (a workshop on homelessness), to street art tours, restaurant experiences and visits to major landmarks.
“Thank you… for organising such an amazing camp and giving us all the opportunity to do things that we normally wouldn’t get to do.”
Programs are co-designed with each school to provide young people with a tailored and outcomes-focused experience. Activities on offer include:
- The Big Issue
- SYN Radio
- Laneways guided tour
- Old Melbourne Gaol
- Melbourne Museum or Scienceworks
- Polly Woodside
- Parliament House
- MCG & National Sports Museum
- The Shrine of Remembrance
- State Library
- Victorian Arts Centre
- Australian Centre for the Moving Image (ACMI)
- Contemporary Arts
- Victoria Police Museum
- Immigration Musuem
- Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre
- Melbourne river cruise
- Queen Victoria Market
- Photo trail adventure race
- Melbourne Star or Eureka Skydeck
- Fishing at St Kilda or Docklands
- Team building initiative
- Skateboarding / scooter riding at Riverslide Skate Park
- Art & craft activities
- Marvel stadium tours
- Old Treasury Building
- Cook’s Cottage
- Ice skating
- Stand-up paddle boarding
- Melbourne Aquarium
After students take part in Doxa’s City Camp Program, they will have:
- Experienced Melbourne’s diverse and vibrant cultures and visited its iconic landmarks
- Gained a sense of place, of Melbourne as a city and also the land of the Wurundjeri people
- Gained an understanding of cultural urban issues like homelessness
- Had heaps of fun
Bookings & registration
Our Camps programs are targeted at schools with low Student Family Occupation index rankings (the lower 30%), who are offered priority in the booking process. All accommodation, meals and agreed activities are included within the booking fee.
Our Campership Fund exists to support the families of children whose financial circumstance may preclude attendance. Our philosophy is that “no child will miss out due to financial hardship”.
Our bookings team are happy to have a confidential discussion and support applications for Doxa’s Campership Fund.
All booking enquiries can be made directly to the team at City Camp.
Please note – we are currently not taking bookings for City Camp in 2020. You’re welcome to join our waitlist by emailing email@example.com. This will be ordered in terms of SFOE, in line with our bookings policy, so that we serve the neediest 10% schools in Victoria, according to SFOE as priority.
Phone: 03 9046 8220