WHAT IS THE CADETSHIP PROGRAM?
Our Cadetship program supports talented young people facing challenging life circumstances to complete university and gain the skills needed for an employable future.
The Cadetship program is open to Year 12 students transitioning to university and is a three to five-year program, dependent on the length of the degree and the sponsorship model.
CADETSHIP IS MORE THAN A SCHOLARSHIP OR INTERNSHIP, IT’S A HOLISTIC APPROACH TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF A YOUNG PERSON.
THE CADETSHIP PROGRAMME PROVIDES YOUNG PEOPLE WITH:
- Practical and personal support during their university course,
- The opportunity to connect with peers and industry professionals through work placement and social events and
- Personal development and training opportunities to enhance their employability.
Cadetship Program Overview
Up to 8 weeks work placement each year with sponsor company
Professional development and vocational training
Skilled mentors and staff to guide and support you
Annual book and online resource allowance
like-minded and supportive individuals
Industry networking and volunteering opportunities
Weekly financial assistance for living expenses
The Cadetship programme is open to young people facing challenging life circumstances who have finished high school and are about to go to university. This may include, but is not restricted to:
- Experiencing financial hardship,
- Having an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage,
- Coming from a newly arrived migrant or refugee background,
- Having faced stressful life events,
- Coming from a rural or remote area and
- Being the first in their family to have the opportunity to study at university and pursue a professional career.
find out more
More information download our brochure
For students wishing to apply for the Cadetship Program, please complete the Application form and email directly to
You can contact us on (03) 9046 8200
CONNECT WITH DOXA
P: 03 9046 8200
Suite 2, Ground Floor, 355 Spencer Street , West Melbourne VIC 3003
Doxa on Instagram
Doxa on Facebook
Problem displaying Facebook posts. Backup cache in use.
Click to show error
Doxa acknowledges the Traditional Owners of our lands and pay respect to their elders – past, present and emerging.