- Full time permanent or casual
- Doxa Malmsbury Camp
- Salary – $70,400 inclusive of superannuation
- Monday to Friday with limited evening work
Be part of a team giving children from disadvantaged backgrounds access to memorable camping experiences.
The Doxa Youth Foundation is a community-based organisation that was established in 1972. We offer a range of programmes to improve outcomes for disadvantaged children and young people across Victoria. We have a particular focus on providing camping programmes and assisting young people to succeed in their studies and the workforce.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a chef who is passionate about cooking to coordinate catering at our Malmsbury camp for children and young people. You will have responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the kitchen and ensuring that our campers have delicious and varied food. Our camp caters for between 35 to 60 guests at any one time. You will also participate our kitchen garden project where children harvest and cook fresh ingredients to encourage healthy food choices.
Ideally you will have:
- Previous experience working as a chef.
- Strong skills in creating and delivering interesting menus.
- Demonstrated track record in purchasing, ordering and cost management.
- An understanding of food safety and OHS standards and compliance.
For further information ring Julie Harrison on 0419 583 457.